can't auto start ibus

For general ARCHLabs and Arch issues.
Please make a serious attempt to search for your issue before posting here.
We can't offer help if you have the Testing Repos enabled.

Moderator: Founder

can't auto start ibus

PostPosted by alga » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:38 am

I already installed ibus and everything seems just fine. The problem is that it cannot auto start no matter what I did as the Arch WiKi said and every time I start it manually there would be the following messages:

(ibus-setup:9595): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-contained.css:2145:28: 'bg_color' is not a valid color name

(ibus-setup:9595): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-contained.css:2216:30: 'bg_color' is not a valid color name

** (ibus-setup:9595): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-xmJ2x6VhMW: Connection refused

or

(ibus-setup:7748): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-contained.css:2145:28: 'bg_color' is not a valid color name

(ibus-setup:7748): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-contained.css:2216:30: 'bg_color' is not a valid color name

** (ibus-setup:7748): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-v3COnVktov: Connection refused
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

or some similar terminal outputs like that. Besides, there is not the file .xprofile in my home directory.

Thanks for help.
alga

Running Release: R2D2

Re: can't auto start ibus

PostPosted by alga » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:24 am

After downloading and installing the updates, the remaining terminal output of ibus-setup would be:

** (ibus-setup:1256): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-9m6A79phRy: Connection refused

or similar messages.
alga

PostPosted by natemaia » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:03 pm

I have read the wiki and just want to confirm have you added these lines to your ~/.xinitrc and ~/.bashrc or if you are using zsh then .zshrc
Code: Select all
export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
ibus-daemon -drx

You may also want to try the same in ~/.xsessionrc as I believe .xinitrc is only used with startx and we aren't using this, we have lightdm.

If this has not worked for you then I will install ibus and see if I can recreate the issue
natemaia
ArchLabs Guru
ArchLabs Guru

Running Release: 5.0

PostPosted by alga » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Yes, I tried these four lines to both ~/.xinitrc and ~/.bashrc. I even created an empty ~/.xprofile and put them into it. All of them doesn't work. I am using bash. I haven't tried ~/.xsessionrc yet. I will try it and see if it works and post the result.

Thanks.
alga

PostPosted by alga » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 pm

I just tried ~/.xsessionrc and it doesn't work either. Similar messages appeared when manually startup ibus.
alga

Return to Basic Help and Support