Installed +3 22032017

"Off-topic" but Linux related discussion, about ARCHLabs or other distributions.

Moderator: Founder

Installed +3 22032017

PostPosted by blaze » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:49 am

Got finally around to install ARCHLabs to hd. Tried the "Calamares" installer first, it worked really well in VirtualBox for me so I wanted to try it out. It did not work out at all, when rebooting it just wanted to return to the live session. Why? Thoughts anyone?

The "abif" installer did the job very well, more decisions and choices for me compared to "Calamares", but it went without hiccups. After upgrade, reboot and some minor superficial configurations it looks, feels and smells just fine.

So once again, thanks for doing it guys, it was a very good ïncentive for me to learn some things about Arch. Yes I know that it is not considered the "proper/real Arch way", but who cares! :D
Duck & Cover!!! ARCHLabs is blazing!
blaze

Running Release: 4.1

Re: Installed +3 22032017

PostPosted by Dobbie03 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback. +4 will blow your socks off.
I like my Metal like my coffee.......black
Dobbie03
Founder
Founder

Running Release: DobbieBang

PostPosted by blaze » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:02 am

^Will have to glue them before I put them on then! ;)

Installed Dropbox and looks like it is working just as it should. Next up is printing, cups is of course no problem. The wireless printing is of course something completely different :?
blaze

PostPosted by blaze » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:56 am

Got printing via cable to work as it should. Wireles on the other hand is something completely different. When I try to install the drivers and dependencies pac` shouts "ERROR"...I have decided to leave that for now since I can print when needed with cable.

Other than that, I must confess that I am really enjoying this ARCHLabs experience a little bit more than I got time for it. ;)
blaze

Return to ArchLabs and General Linux Discussion